Mammology is involved in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of breast diseases.
Breast cancer is 16% of all oncological diseases of women. This is the most common type of cancer. Since the disease is almost asymptomatic, many women go to the doctor in the late stages, which greatly complicates the treatment process and reduces its effectiveness.
How often should I visit a mammologist?
After 40 years, women are advised to undergo a routine examination of a mammologist at least 1 time per year. You should also rush to an appointment with a specialist if you have any complaints and pathological symptoms associated with the condition of the mammary glands.
Who is at risk?
- Women registered with the endocrinologist;
- Susceptible to frequent gynecological disease;
- Who is going to give the first birth after 35 years;
- Who uses oral contraceptives without a doctor’s prescription.
What symptoms do you need to see a mammologist with?
A woman knows and feels her body like no other. Attention to yourself, your subjective feelings and timely access visit to a doctor is the first step in the prevention of breast diseases. As soon as possible, consult a mammologist if such symptoms appear:
- Discomfort, pain in the chest or armpits;
- A feeling of tightness under the skin, swollen lymph nodes;
- Discharge from the nipples outside the period of breastfeeding;
- Changes in size, asymmetry of the mammary glands;
- Retraction or bulge in the area of the nipples, a change in the skin, contours or shape;
- Rash, redness, irritation, sores, or dry crusts;
- Chest fullness beyond the period of the menstrual cycle;
- Consequences of a mammary gland injury.
You can make an appointment with a mammologist at the Academic Medical Center any day at any time convenient for you. Our experts will quickly diagnose the condition of the mammary glands and, if necessary, prescribe a comprehensive treatment. Remember that the effectiveness of treatment depends on the early detection of the disease!
AMC ADVANTAGES FOR YOU